Although Mikaden is ten years old, my cherished Down Syndrome child often acts more like a two year old, but with more strength, height and ingenuity. I'm not sure what put the idea into his head, but for the past several weeks he has shown quite a passion for cooking, or to be more precise, he is aspiring to be a Vitamix Chef. I have attempted to record his adventures, and since I'm accumulating quite a number of them, I decided to put them here in my sorely neglected blog. So here goes: Aug. 23-24, 2014 It was Saturday evening, and I was visiting with my daughter-in-law, Elise, and my cousin, Kathleen (who had stopped here to rest before continuing her journey to California). Mikaden started fiddling with the DVD player. He came to me and said, "plgrglmf smoovie." "Huh? You want to watch a movie?" I asked. ...
March 5, 2015 Thursday Although I normally like to avoid eating unhealthy foods and especially foods containing sugar, ever since about last Halloween I've been eating what for me is a horrible diet and far too much sugar. The result of this 5 month on and off binge-eating is that I have been experiencing pain in a variety of body parts, loosing more hair than I ought to during shampooing and brushing and generally feeling not at my physical best. So I finally got up the self discipline to do something about it. To boost my incentive, I re-watched the movie, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead Two". I talked to Kim about my desire to try juicing. He was fine with it, so we did some research. I checked out and read Joe Cross's book, "The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet". We deci...
Comments
All those life experiences gave you some good material ha ha.
I signed up so I will have some good reading to look forward to.
Love,
Elizabeth